Friday, April 4, 2008

Wanna Be a Model

I got my haircut on Wednesday at a hair academy here in Florence for Free! When I went in the student took my jacket and then took me over to wash my hair. It was really nice she massaged my scalp as she washed it! She didn't speak any English so I mostly just talked to the professional. They asked me how I wanted my haircut and I said I at least wanted a trim and asked him if he had any ideas. He gave me 3 different options and I chose one that's short in the back and gets longer in the front. As the student was combing my hair I started to get a little nervous that I wouldn't like it and maybe I should just get a trim like I planned. After she separated my hair into different sections the professional came back and told her she did good and then he started cutting. He started with really thin rows of hair and went really slowly so she could see what he was doing. He was also cutting another ladies hair so he let the student cut a little coming back every now and then and making sure she was doing it right. The other lady was right next to me so he could still see what she was doing. Whenever she had a question she would ask him so I felt fine about her cutting it.
I'm still getting used to it, it's a lot shorter than it was especially in the back. I really like it though and all of my friends have said they like it!






I can't figure out how to rotate the pictures sorry.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hair cut looks great. You look like mom from the back.
How long did it take you to get thru the tunnel? Must've been amazing. What a wonderful trip you are having.
We're off to Julie's daughter, Deborah's, bat mitzah tomorrow. I'll be sure to tell the Douglass gang about all your adventures.
Heard the good news about the spinach ravilois.
Miss you, Mo

Rachel and Matt said...

looks really good dana! :)
hope you had a wonderful time studying abroad!